For every Thanks Giving my family, friends and colleagues look forward for my Signature Cranberry Chutney. Everybody knows that it goes well with Turkey, but I have find other great combinations with Indian Snacks or Tiffins. Enjoy this recipe and spice up your snacks with this during the winter season. Jalapeño Spiciness, Cranberry Sourness and Brown Sugar Sweetness will make this chutney unique and special.
Fresh Cranberries - 1 small packet
1/2 medium white onion
Ginger - 2 inch stick
Jalapeños - 2 medium ( seeded out)
Cumin Seeds - 1 tea spoon
Garlic - 3 cloves
Chopped Cilantro - 2 Tbs
Salt - 1 tea spoon ( according to your taste)
Brown Sugar - 2 Tbs
Oil - 1 Tbs
1. Take the pan and put in on the flame and heat the oil for 1 min.
2. Add cumin seeds and once they start spluttering add the ginger and garlic. Add the Chopped onions and fry for 1 min.
3. Cut the Jalapeños length wise and take out all the seeds and then add them to the pan
4. Meanwhile wash the cranberries and put them in the colander. Once the water is all drained, add them to the pan.
5. Let it simmer for 5 min. You will see the cranberries bursting and bubbling.
6. Add the brown sugar and close the lid, let it simmer for 5 min.
7. You will the mixture in the pan becomes like a thick paste.
8. Switch off the stove and let it cool for 10 min
9. Add this mixture to the blender (or mixer) blend it on low, adding salt to it. After that add the cilantro and pulse 2 or 3 times.
10. Take out the cranberry chutney into a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Yum! Yum! Yum! Sweet, Sour and Spicy Cranberry Chutney is ready in minutes.
1. You can serve this along with the Idli or Samosas or Stacy Chips or use it as a dip for your vegetables or spread it on your bread.
2.My favorite is Stacy Chips and Cranberry Chutney.
3. I will post another recipe where you can make spicy spirals with puff pastry by using cranberry chutney as the filling.
I have listed brown sugar as the ingredients to make it easy for my fellow american friends. You can use (బెల్లం /
गुड) if you already have it in your pantry. In that case you can use a small lemon size.
If you are a sweet lover, adjust your brown sugar portion according to your taste.