Feb 25, 2011

Almond Butter Strawberry (ABS) Toast

Usually this recipe is routine with cream cheese and known as Cream Cheese Strawberry Toast. As I would like to avoid the fat in the early morning I have replaced the cream cheese with Almond Butter which resulted in Protein Packed Power Breakfast when I served on Multi Grain Bread. I am sure, your breakfast will be ready in minutes :-) Check out the recipe and Give it a Try.

For the little ones I have served the Strawberry along with some banana as Banana Berry Boats.



Ingredients:
Multigrain Bread Slices - 2
Almond Butter - 2 Tbsp
Strawberries - 4 to 5

How to Make It:
1. Toast the Bread slices in your toaster. (on medium )
2.  Apply the Almond Butter on Two Slices evenly.
3. Slice the Strawberry Vertically into thin slices
4. And place them evenly on one slice on bread ( apply 2 layers)
5. Top with Other slice and Cut into half
6. Now get energized with this Healthy and Power Breakfast.Enjoy!


Nutrition Info:
Each Slice has 6  g protein and 1 Tbsp Almond Butter has 2.5 g.
If you do your math, Total Protein in this breakfast is 17 g protein. Wow....
This serves complex carbohydrates, good source of protein and fruit.

Note:
For kiddos ( like my son), who does not pay attention to fruits, this is an easy breakfast to sneak some fruit in.


I am sending this to Veggie/Fruit of the Month - Strawberry event by Pari at Foodelicious, started by Priya at Mahro Rajasthan Recipes.

I am sending this to Cooking with Fruits event @ Taste Buds by Smita.

I am sending this to B for Breakfast ARS Event at Women's Era by Charitha.


Take care until next time
-Mythreyi

5 comments:

  1. Strawberry in sandwich. Looks interesting and yummy

    I would like to thank you for linking your Lovely and Innovative salad for Innovative salads Event. Round up of the event has been publish. Hoping You will like it

    Innovative salad Event - Cucumber Round up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so divine.. Packed with all goodness of whole grain and fruits... surely a winner..
    http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. strawberry in sandwitch different and healthy one..

    hey i have few awards for you collect thm from my space
    http://womensera2008.blogspot.com/2011/03/special-celebration-with-awards-galore.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...