Mar 18, 2011

Cauliflower Pickle

As you all might have noticed the frequency of my posts has been slow these days, the reason is loosing the luxury of Nanny. Oh Yeah, it is tough to keep up with kids, cooking, photography and posting. So from now onwards you will see 1 or 2 recipes per week in my space. Our Nanny is so wonderful, my little one still asks everyday 'Where is Nanny?' my son tries to explain her that she is in her own  home. It is so much fun always for me to hide and listen to my kids conversation.

Cauliflower Pickle
Cauliflower Pickle
Our Nanny is good cook, she is so generous and shared some of her secret recipes and allowed me to post in my space. She might be having a ball in India during her vacation right now, but as we do miss her everyday, in remembrance of her, today I am portraying her recipe here. Enjoy!


Source: Kusuma Aunty
Ingredients:
Cauliflower - 1 medium
Lemon Juice - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 cup
Red Chili Powder  - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Fenugreek Powder - 1/4 cup
Mustard Powder - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1  cup
Garlic - 12 cloves


For Tempering:
Curry Leaves - 10
Chana Dal - 1 Tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds  -1 Tbsp


Preparation:
1. Cut the Cauliflower into medium size florets and damp them with paper towel. ( Do not wash them)
2. Add half of the salt to lemon juice. Once the salt dissolves, pour this mixture into cauliflowers florets and add the 3 Tbsp Oil.
3. Leave this mixture for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Mix the remaining salt and red chili powder and add it to Cauliflower Floret mixture.
5. Then Add Turmeric, FenuGreek Powder followed by Mustard powder
6. Chop the Garlic into small pieces and add it to the mixture.
7. Mix all the ingredients very well. adjust the salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
8. Heat the remaining oil in the Non stick pan and add the Urad Dal, Chana Dal, Mustard Seeds followed by the curry leaves.
9. Add this tempering to the Cauliflower Mixture.
10. That's it Crunchy, Spicy and Yummy Cauliflower Pickle is ready.


Serving Tip:
Serve over Hot white rice with Ghee or with Idli or Dosa.
This can be stored out side for up to 10 days. and Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.

I am sending this to Pickle Mela Event @ Snackorama.


Take care until Next Time
-Mythreyi

7 comments:

  1. Slurp, mouthwatering here, spicy pickle tempts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..that looks so delicious..nice colour and beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mythreyi this is absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...it looks so mouth watering !superb color !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really a sweet gesture...actually shows how close you are with Nanny. Truly inviting color of gravy. Happy Holi to you and your family

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ladies for stopping by and for your lovely comments.

    The superb color is because of the Chili Powder I used, which was presented by my aunt (Dad's sister) from their own Red Chili Farms (in Guntur,AndhraPradesh,India).

    I remember her once a day when ever I look at my colorful curries. :-)

    -Mythreyi

    ReplyDelete
  7. pickle is looking so yummy mythreyi.. I am going to try this for sure..

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...