Jan 20, 2012

Strawberry Almond Milk Shake (Vegan)

You would think, It would be stupid to ask any one, that 'Is there any Egg in this Omelet?' :-). But you can sure ask me now, 'Is there Milk in this Milk Shake?' and my answer is NO!!!. Don't get surprised and here is the recipe for you Enjoy!

Strawberry Almond Milk Shake ( Vegan)
Ingredients:

Straw Berries - 6
Almonds - 15
Honey - 2 Tbsp (For Vegan version, add 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup)
Water - 1.5 Cup



Method:

  1. First Soak the Almonds overnight and remove the peel.  ( or keep the almonds 15 minutes in the hot water, you will get the peel very easily and quickly). But I prefer the over night soaking, as it does not leave the nutty taste.
  2. Wash the Strawberries and remove the stems away. 
  3. Grind the Soaked Almonds in the blender into a paste. And then Add the water and grind it again. At this time you will get Almond Milk out of it. 
  4. Add the Honey and Straw Berries and blend one more time. That is it, Your Healthy Drink is ready in minutes..



So easy right, why late, and take advantage of all those Bright and Beautiful Strawberries that are available in the market now ( before they last)....

Tips:

  • You can save the Almond Milk (from step 3) in the fridge up to 2 days and use it as regular milk. 
  • You can drink as it is or use it in milk shakes or in your cooking.
  • This health drink has double the proteins than the regular milk and it can be best friend for Vegans. :-)


Happy Milk Shakingg until we meet here again..
-Mythreyi


11 comments:

  1. delicious with almonds I just posted one with banana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing and healthy milkshake.. looks perfect !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy flavorful milkshake... U have a lovely blog happy to follw u. Do stop by when u find time..
    My culinary Trial room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shake, what a coincidence I just posted a coconut almond spiced milk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mythreyi,
    I am making this for my treat this evening, it looks so good. I liked you on FB. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and wonderful looking shake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy milkshake. Love that colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love almonds in my smoothies. Mythreyi, do check out my blog for a surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...