Apr 28, 2012

Whipped Cream ( Homemade )

Homemade Whipped Cream

How much ever effort you put into your desserts and cakes, with out that nice icing or whipped cream topping it does not look complete, with out that it looks so bland. I don't like icing that much as it is too sweet for me, but love the whipped cream, yeah even knowing after how much calories and fat it has. Whenever VJ orders a mocha or cold coffee for himself it's my turn to finish that whipped cream on the top. After I have started watching what I am eating, i am avoiding whipped cream these days, but my love towards it doesn't stop. So recently I have experimented to make it at home with the low fat ingredients and it turn out superb. If you are a whipped cream lover and would like the lighter version of it, it's worth giving it a try, here is the recipe, Enjoy!





Ingredients:
Low-Fat Cream - 1 Cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar - 1 Tbsp



Method:
Add a Low-fat cream to the wide bowl. Add Vanilla Essence and Powdered sugar. And whisk it for 5 to 7 minutes. It takes a while, to get the fluffiness and spikes. You have to be patient and don't give it up. You will get the spikes for sure.

Look at the beautiful spikes...

Initially I have tried with the whisk ( whisked by hand) and thought I will see the beautiful spiked whipped cream right away, but it took a while. I lost my patience, but continued again and it's wonderful to see the whipped cream at the end. Now I have started decorating all my bakes with my homemade whipping cream.

If you have a electric mixer attach the whisk and let it do it's job, after 5 to 7 minutes you will get the nice fluffed up whipped cream.


Let your homemade whipped cream walk on your cake... :-)

My son who patiently sitting next to me watching while I am making this and clicking, couldn't resist anymore and took some bites, before i finish spreading.... :-)

Notes:

  • Mine didn't get fluffy as store bought one though, because of my low fat ingredients and the lack of tools. I have only used the hand whisker. 
  • Usually you will get yielding of double the cream you used. If you use 1cup of cream you will get 2 cups of whipped cream. 
  • This can be stored in the fridge up to 24 hours ( not more than that)
  • You can use one raw egg white also while whisking for more fluffiness. ( i didn't like the feeling of raw egg so i avoided it here in my recipe)
Take care until we meet here again
-Mythreyi

2 comments:

  1. wow longing for this for a very long time... thanks for sharing dear...

    But where to get the low fat cream? or is it possible to make that too at home?

    Dish Name Starts With L

    Regards,
    Akila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Akila! I have bought the low-fat cream in Amul brand in India. You can find it any hyper marts. In states you will have several options in low-fat.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...