May 6, 2012

Kesar Badam Kulfi ~ Saffron Almond Ice Cream Bars

Sometimes we overlook the nice recipes that are on back of the basic staple boxes that are in the pantry. Today my eye caught a nice recipe on back of the corn flour box, and that is Pista Kulfi, but I don't have Pistas (Pistachios) handy so changed the recipe to use Almonds and gave a touch of Safforn. ( Kesar and Baadam always goes hand in hand will be a best combination and nice flavor). My son who has aversion to milk and nuts, is all up for 2 servings when ever we eat this summer treat, and my daughter, she completely indulges in ice creams always...Now I call that a winner recipe for kiddos, esp in Summer time.Here is the recipe, Enjoy!
Kesar Badam Kulfi Bars



Ingredients:
Milk - 500 ml ( or 2 Cups)
Milk - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Cornflour - 2 Tbsp
Fresh Cream ( Heavy) -   1/2 cup
Almonds - 2 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Safforn - 1 tsp


Method:
  1. Boil the milk till reduced to three fourths of it.
  2. Mix the corn flour and safforn flakes in 1/4 of cup and add it to boiling milk. 
  3. Add the Sugar, Chopped almonds, Cardamom powder to the milk and cook for 2 more minutes.
  4. Remove from the flame and cool it completely. 
  5. Add  the fresh beaten cream to the milk. Beat the whole mixture again for 2 minutes.
  6. You can fill this mixture in the Kulfi molds or in a flat box and keep covered.
  7. Keep this in the freezer, and your Kulfi will be set next day. 
I still need to master how to click the ice creams before they melt :-))
If you don't have a Kulfi molds, don't sweat. it is completely okay to store this in a flat box and serve it as Bars.  In fact that is what I did. As I never made ice cream at home before never bought such goodies, may be it's time to buy some fun looking molds. Shopping for Kitchen is always fun! :-))

Tips:
  • Cooling it completely in step #4 it critical. If you are in a rush keep this bowl in a big vessel of chilled water. It gets cool quickly.
  • When you mix the corn flour make sure that it does not form any lumps. Mix it thoroughly so that it completely dissolves into milk.
  • Usually I make this in the evening or night time, so that it will be ready by the time i wake up. When ever I serve the crowd, this is a make-ahead desert and i can skip the effort to make the dessert next day.
  • The only problem i saw is, it is melting too fast than the regular ice cream. may be I have to use more thick (full fat) milk or full fat cream to avoid that. 
Take a close look at all the flavors. inside..
I will come with spicy one next, Just Chill  with this until then..
Take Care
-Mythreyi


13 comments:

  1. Wow my fav, i die for it...Pics making me melting in mouth, looking yumm yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome..very beautiful pics dear!
    Spicy-Aroma

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah !! flavoury , badami kulfi...drooling..

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mythreyi I am coming over for some kulfi. As for freezing them try in plastic throw away glasses yoy will get the perfect shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are always welcome Archana! and Thank you for the wonderful tip... will try next time..:-)

      Delete
  5. so yummy kulfi, great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...
    looks perfect and very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have some of that please - it has really turned out perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm...am drooling..very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...