This recipe is shared by my colleague at work. Though I like Broccoli in it's whole form (as they resemble cute little trees), grating Broccoli sounded new in this recipe. I have tried this combination which only took 15 minutes to prepare and became a kid's favorite. This can be used as stuffing in Roti or can be served as side dish for Pulka. My mom makes the grated Carrot and Beetroot stir-fry in the same manner. Here is the recipe, Njoy!
|Grated Broccoli Stir-Fry|
Broccoli - 1 cup florets
Onion - 1/4 medium
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
salt - 1/2 tsp
black pepper - 1/4 tsp
coconut powder - 1 Tbsp ( or fresh grated coconut)
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Cilantro or Spring Onions - for garnish
Wash and drain the Broccoli. Grate it using grater or put it in food processor with grater blade. Microwave it for 3 min until it becomes soft.
- Heat the oil in non stick pan. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds or prepare the Indian tempering (Taalimpu).
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add chopped onion and saute them for 2 min.
- Add the grated broccoli and add turmeric to it. Saute on low heat for 3 min.
- Add salt and black pepper, keep it on high and stir fry it. Add grated coconut and stir until it mixes well and fry for another 3 min.
- Top with Cilantro and switch off the heat.
Serve as a side dish with pulka or mix it white rice and Ghee for Kiddos.
take care until we meet here..