Mar 14, 2011

Garlic Infused Sweet Potato Rounds


Usually the best use of Sweet Potato at my home is bake them as fries. I always feel like using the curry powder along with sweet potato which enhances the taste of sweet potato by accompanying it's sweet taste. Today I have alternated by adding some garlic and with a different shape and the result was a feast to eyes and yummy for tummy. Kids loved it too.

Sweet Potato Rounds with Garlic
Sweet Potato Rounds with Garlic

Here is the recipe for you. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Sweet Potato - 2 medium
Curry Powder - 1 tbsp
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1/2 tsp
garlic - 5 to 6 clove
olive oil - 1 Tbsp

How to Make It:
1. Wash and Pat Dry then Roughly peel the Sweet Potato. ( I usally leave some sikn on, it is a good fiber and it protects the sweet potato from burning in the oven)
2. Cut the Sweet Potato into 1/2 inch thin rounds.
3. Take a small bowl and mix the Olive Oil, salt, black pepper, curry powder and minced garlic.
4. Pour this mixture on the sweet potato rounds and rub it evenly.
5. Take a cookie sheet or baking dish and spray with light cooking spray.
6. Arrange the sweet potato slices on the baking dish and bake them at 400 F for 20 to 25 min.
7. After 20 min, keep checking to avoid the burning.
8. At the end Broil for 2 to 3 min and turn off the oven.
9. Let them cool and arrange them on the platter and garnish with cilantro or Parsely.
10. Aha, look at the Beautiful Rounds.... Yummmmm!!!!!


I have sent this to
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage.
Friday Potluck @ Ekat's Kitchen
Fat Camp Friday @ Mangoes and Chutney


Take care until next time
-Mythreyi


8 comments:

  1. wow..these fries look absolutely delicious...yum yum !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious..love it this way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww those potato rounds looks absolutely marvellous,stunning clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Mythreyi...
    Those sweet potatoes look so delicious. I can't wait to try this recipe. I can tell that this will be one of our favorite ways to roast sweet potatoes. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet potatoes and garlic are two of my favorites, these look wonderful, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delightful. I am so glad I saw this. I have sweet potatoes in the pantry! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting Yum! Yum! Yum!. I really appreciate your time in dropping a note for me. Your comments are truly motivating and feedback allows me to improve more to bring the best.

Thanks
-Mythreyi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...